gift wrapped???

Ethos is a gaming guild found in the popular game, World of Warcraft. Formerly known as True Humanity from the popular game, Matrix Online, many of Ethos' core members have played together in WOW and other games for several years. Want to join us? Here is where you can tell us about yourself and why you want to join us!

gift wrapped???

Postby phobian on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:19 pm

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3330&sid=1

Found this on the Kir tor forum today and thought I'd pass it to you Denise :) See what you can do.
phobian
Knight
Knight

Re: gift wrapped???

Postby Valoel on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:13 pm

That would be beautiful Phobs, if they weren't HORDE!
Valoel
Commander
Commander

Postby phobian on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:06 pm

/homersimpsonvoice DOGH!!!!
phobian
Knight
Knight

Postby Nephihah on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:40 pm

phobian wrote:/homersimpsonvoice DOGH!!!!

/facepalm
LIKE OMG WTFBBQPWN!
Nephihah
Knight
Knight

Postby Valoel on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:28 pm

100 gold says Denise still contacts them.
Valoel
Commander
Commander

Postby Nephihah on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:37 pm

I would so not be surprised.
LIKE OMG WTFBBQPWN!
Nephihah
Knight
Knight

Postby Nephihah on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm

phobian wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16019853330&sid=1

Found this on the Kir tor forum today and thought I'd pass it to you Denise :) See what you can do.

Now this adequately expresses how I felt Phobs....

edit: I fix j00 link - Val
LIKE OMG WTFBBQPWN!
Nephihah
Knight
Knight

Postby phobian on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:25 pm

I cant view the damn image! I wanted to lol so bad too :(
phobian
Knight
Knight

Postby deniseny on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Phobian,

Can you send a note to this person? I tried to post on that forum and got a note that I cannot post under my account? Unfortunately, I am at work and do not have time to try to figure out what the hell happened. Here is what I meant to post. In fact, if you can private message him, that would be great. Everyone should also add these names to your friends' lists and look these people up. At best, we want to offer to run raids with them - EVEN IF THEY DON'T JOIN US - What better way to earn new members than make friends first before inviting them to the guild:

Greetings,

Myself and a small group of raiders are currently in a guild thats about to disband. We were looking to stay together if possible and wondering if there was a guild out there that could take us in. We prefer a raiding guild that runs around 7-11 server could be a little earlier. One with enough people to run 25 mans but not so big that we get lost in the shuffle and are sitting out all the time would be great.
We are all lvl 80 with decent gear and have plenty of naxx experience.
So far the classes that we have that want to stick together are
1 dk tank
1 dk dps
1 rogue
1 resto shaman
1 resto druid
1 Healadin
3 hunters
1 Lock
1 Holy priest
1 Mage

Also 1 fresh 80 shadow priest

This list may change a little but at the moment its who I think wants to stick together may be more or less. If anyone can offer us a home please post a reply or talk to Novas, Alucial, Czarna, or Alucia in game.

I am not sure if you found your home or not, but we may be able to offer you - and anyone else looking - a solution for you. I am the guild leader for "Guardians of Humanity". We are a small veteran guild on Kirin Tor. We have been in existence for nearly 3 years. We are primarily an adult guild, but have a couple of youngin's that have either been with us for awhile or are the children of some of our adult members and married couples. Hey, we even have one couple's mother (in-law to the spouse! LOL). Many of us have been together for years and even played together previously in other games. Most of us however, have full-time jobs and plenty of real-life obligations. WOW is our escape from reality and we enjoy making the most of it. Although we are on a RP server, we don't RP. We raid and pvp and have ridiculously chilidish discussions on ventrilo while creating total havoc in game! :-)

We offer a guild bank (4 tabs), private ventrilo server and home page with forum to stay in contact with your guildies and schedule events. We will provide help if you need it and assist you with making the most of your game time. Most of us are all 80 and even have alts at 80. We raid as often as we can and tend to run them mostly on weekends during your preferred time schedule - although weekdays has been known to occur. We don't live by a calendar and don't expect people with real lives to be scrutinized because they didn't make it online to a raid when their child was sick or they had to work late. We are a fair group and I prefer to keep it that way.

Some other things to note and I paraphrase them for emphasis:

* We are NOT a guild filled with teen die-hard players that are online nearly 24/7. (Sorry kids!)
* You are NOT required to run raids if you are not up to it.
* You will NOT be judged by the quality of your gear when it comes to raids and heroics.
* You WILL be given equal opportunity to earn loot items especially when they benefit your class.
* We won't treat you any different than we do our own guild members and if we do, please feel free to kick us in the ass. Especially Grimlar. He likes that stuff! :-P But that's not important right now . . . LOL

All kidding aside, we are good group with long-term legacy. We would love to have you become part of it or at least run some heroics or raids together and get to know each other and let you decide for yourself. Feel free to look us up on our forum at index.php . You will need to register to gain access. Or you can drop me a line through here. Lastly, you can always find the group in game. Here are some character names to look up:

Arwenmyst or Icyvixen (me)
Sheila or Feyne
Avane or Avain
Valoel
Phobian
Icker or Bassus
Xivil or Atronach
Laeyla
Kalok
Grimlar or Grimal

and many others.

Hope to meet you guys!

Denise
[color=#BF8040]"OMFG! She's fallen asleep with her finger on the run key again . . ."

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeniseNY
Twitter: @DeniseNY1
Ethos/TrueHumanity on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EthosTH/members/
deniseny
Site Admin (High Crusader)

Postby Nephihah on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Wow Val was right, she really did it....

Um, Denise, did you miss the part where Val pointed out that was a HORDE guild?
LIKE OMG WTFBBQPWN!
Nephihah
Knight
Knight

Postby deniseny on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Damn. I just read the first post and went from there. LOL. There's this little thing I need to learn about called "SCROLLING". I think I multi-task wayyyyy tooooo much. Everyting is starting to blend! LOL

The good news is that we can take the text that I posted and sort of reformat that into a recruitment post on Kirin Tor. What do you guys think?
[color=#BF8040]"OMFG! She's fallen asleep with her finger on the run key again . . ."

Ethos/TrueHumanity on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EthosTH/members/
deniseny

Postby Nephihah on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:35 pm

lol......I love you guys and all, but Denise...you totally got the /facepalm reaction at my work desk....sorry.
LIKE OMG WTFBBQPWN!
Nephihah
Knight
Knight

Postby Valoel on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Reposting for Denise

I think this thread wins the /facepalm award.

Where's my 100 gold?
Valoel
Commander
Commander

Postby phobian on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 am

We should add a link to this thread in the recruiting message that gets posted. Lets see how many quality players want to join us then. :o
phobian
Knight
Knight

Postby deniseny on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:28 am

Wait... I tried to contact them again. They are switching to alliance - just for us ...

We do need to post something in the KT thread tho and make sure we keep it bumped regularly. I'll come up with something astounding - well legible anyway and able to be understood by 4th graders - and we'll hope for the best. . .

deniseny

Postby Valoel on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:54 am

I'd much rather slowly pick up better people in game the way we always have then post on the forum and let every idiot, jackass and thief try to get in. Just because they are intelligent and know how to play doesn't mean they aren't one of the above. If you do want to go thru with this, pls leave my name off the contact list.
Valoel
Commander
Commander

Return to Joining Ethos